You and a partner will select a local commercial studio to visit and review. The studio should have a physical location (not a home), and be available for an interview. No franchises (such as Kiddie Kandids or Camera Shy) but must be a local professional photographer, either for commercial or portraiture.
Here are the assignments as it currently stands:
- Bella Ora Studios – Connor Hitesman, Alyssa Torres, Garrett Hartwell
- Stephanie Neal Photography – Abby Taylor, Kelsey Earl
- Wayman Studios – Sara Frame, Savannah Burrell
- Dezember Photography – Kalli Atkinson, Talia Worlton
- Highlite Studio – Annie Ruiz, Makayla Marshall
- Skylar Nielsen – Emily Perkins, Shaylee Andreasen
- Studio o2o – Scott Adams, Katie Jones
- BPD Studios – Brian Smith – Very clean and simple commercial style.
- Utah County Studio Co-op – There are several photographers that work out of this studio.
- Barrus Photo – Family portraiture
- Rich Legg – Owns Studio o2o co-op. Stock photography.
- Busath Photography – Beautiful studio. Family portraiture.
- Kevin Winzeler – High end sports and fitness photography.
- Saans Photography – Commercial & Portraiture
- Twede Photography – Commercial Studio
You will also need to interview the photographer at the studio. There are some standard questions you should ask, but you should think of specific ones for your particular studio/photographer. See the attached questions.
With permission, please take several photos of the studio for your presentation so others can get an idea of the studio you are presenting. Include an exterior shot of the studio and any other grounds, spaces that they may use. Also, it would be good to photograph their equipment setup.
Prepare a 5-10 minute presentation about your studio using Google Presentation on your school Google account based on your questions/interview. When finished, and before the due date, share your presentation with Mr. Trapane on Google Drive.
- Studio Tour and Interview BY OCTOBER 6
- Presentation completed and turned in (shared) BY YOUR PRESENTATION DATE.
- Presentation days: October 6-23
- How long have you been in the business?
- What kind of cameras do you use? What brand? Preference?
- What kind of lighting do you use?
- Do you have a favorite studio setup? How does it vary?
- Do you have a signature style or specialize in any one type of photography?
- What is your favorite photography gadget?
- What does it take to be a successful photographer?
- Do you sell prints or digital files? Why?
- Who is your Photography Hero? Why?
- What would you say is more important: Good Knowledge/Good Equipment?
- How long is a typical photo session? Setup/Shooting
- What advice would you give to a High School Photography student?
- Client DUE: OCT 6-23
- Date September 2, 2014
- Tags ACP, ACP Assignments, ACP Projects, ACP Unit 1