BASIC DIGITAL PHOTO CHALLENGE
As a photographer, it is important to be able to see as an artist. Professional photographers look at the whole frame of the picture that they are composing as if they were creating a painting. This challenge will force you to do the same in order to organize the elements within the composition.
Compose an image within the frame that has up to three solid color, flat shapes that work well together. The shapes should have sharp lines to define the contrast between spaces. Keep the image SIMPLE and ORGANIZED. It shouldn’t be cluttered or complex.
The subject matter is open to many possibilities. Be creative. Get in close. Try something unique. Capture just a part of the subject. Creating shapes is easier when you fill the frame with the subject, using the frame itself to help create the shapes. You can shoot small (toys or dishes) or large (architecture).
Creativity in setting up a shot and create meaning. Using Photoshop to clean up and enhance your image.
UPLOAD CHALLENGE PHOTO
YOUR PHOTOS MUST HAVE YOUR NAME AND COPYRIGHT EMBEDDED FOR CREDIT.
- Download your photoshoot to a new collection in Lightroom (name it with the assignment). Before clicking the import button, be sure to select your Filename Template and fill out the Custom Text with the assignment name. Also, select your Metadata Preset to embed your copyright info with your photos.
- BEFORE EDITING, create a contact sheet in the Print Module using your template and print it.
- Develop/Edit your selected photo(s) and print it with your 8×10 template.
- Title your photo(s) and write your Artist’s Statement in the comments section in the Metadata tab (in the Library Module of Lightroom).
- Export your edited photo(s) to the Hand-in Folder and upload it to this album.
- Turn in your COMPLETED Assignment Sheet with your Contact Sheet and 8×10 Print(s) in a sheet protector to the turn-in Folder BEFORE DUE DATE to receive a grade. Grades are not issued if incomplete.
YOUR FILE MUST BE NAMED CORRECTLY USING THE FILENAME TEMPLATE:
- Date September 14, 2016
- Tags BDP Challenges
Comments are closed.