Build your portfolio using the provided InDesign template (you should customize it for your own style. Include photos with notes/artist’s statements.
Include these sections in your portfolio:
1. Title Page
- Your name.
- Photography quote (optional)
2. Camera Skills
- Extreme Shallow Depth of Field
- Motion Blur – Slow Shutter Speed
- Freeze Action – Fast Shutter Speed
- Layers/Deep Depth of Field
- Night Shot
- Long Exposure
- Extreme Leading Lines
- Point of View
- Balance: Symmetry
- Balance: Asymmetry
- Balance: Radial
4. Compare & Contrast
In this section, compare two photos in separate frames or combine them side-by-side in Photoshop.
- Mergers – Same subject, with and without mergers
- Framing – Same shot, poorly framed, well framed
- Warm/Cool – Same photo, one warm tone, one cool tone.
- Seasons – Using an older photo that you took, go take the same photo again in the same location. Time is irrelevant.
- High/Low Resolution – Compare a high res and a low res version of your photo. Make it noticeable.
- High/Low Compression – Compare a highly compressed photo with a low compressed photo. Make it noticeable.
- Color/Black and White – Same shot, one color and one B&W.
- Wide/Telephoto Same scene shot in wide and Telephoto.
- CONTINUOUS/BURST MODE – A series of photos taken sequentially that show movement or other creative action.
5. Black & White
- Black and White Photos
- Monochromatic toned images
- Senior Photo Shoot
- Skill Builders
- Other photos taken this semester
- Any other of your own photos you wish to include
- PLUS – Your Final Project, with several secondary shots (good rejects).
7. Favorite Photographers
- Include three of your favorite photographers and their photos.
We will be printing the portfolio on the Photo printer in the Photo Lab.