The website is going under a major overhaul. What started as just a template change, since a recent update broke our portfolio pages, it turned into a redo, costing much time and effort to reinstate it. Hence the lack of website information this week as I mentioned in class.
The classroom also had a major overhaul, including the updated software we had earlier this moth, to the rearrangement of the desks to accommodate everyone into groups. Previously we had scattered tables along the outskirts of the room, breaking up individual students who probably felt out of place. The newly formed ORANGE group is now part of the team! YAY!
We had a great week with the kickoff of Ansel Adams week! It will actually be a two week span for Ansel Adams, as we will be taking a break from the challenges this week to complete our quarter project. Challenge 05: The Ansel Zone will be due NEXT week (Thursday of course). We will be working on the Fractured Photo Project in class, so BRING YOUR FRACTURED PHOTOS on Thursday this week to learn how to create your layout in InDesign.
If you have any questions, use the comment section at the bottom or send me an email. I will try to answer each as quickly as possible.
This Week’s Journal Entries
TAKE NOTES IN CLASS! And, be sure to title, date and number your pages and create an entry in your Table of Contents.
This Week’s Resources
Video: Dodging and Burning
Assignments and Assessments
Due This Week
- POSTPONED — NEW! Scavenger Hunt: (Assessment) – Instead of a quiz this week, you will be going on a Scavenger Hunt (internet) to find photos that demonstrate what we learned about COMPOSITION and the Elements and Principles of Design. Get the assignment HERE.
- Fractured Photo Project: You must have your fractured photo images ready for class instruction on Thursday.
- JOURNAL: Include your TOPIC and ARTIST of the Week and TAKE NOTES! – You should be taking notes on all of the class instruction. Be sure to title and number your pages and create an entry in your table of contents.
- PHOTO CHALLENGE – We are skipping the due date for this week to take care of the quarter Project. We will resume next week, although the challenge opens this week. We will be on Photo Challenge 05: The Ansel Zone.
- Rate Photos: Go to the Student Galleries on the class website and RATE and FAVORITE your peer’s photos!
- AdobeTV: Sign in to AdobeTV with your AdobeID and watch tutorials on PhotoShop and InDesign.
- Practice: Go to the resources tab on the website and check out the photo and tutorial websites.