Create a Contact Sheet using a Template in Adobe Bridge
How to create a Contact Sheet Template in Bridge
For this class you will need to create your own contact sheet template that has your name and number at the top (in the header) and a page number at the bottom (in the footer).
In Digital Photography, there are different ways to create a contact sheet, but one of the easiest ways is to use Adobe Bridge. All you need to do is create a contact sheet template and it is as easy as highlighting the photo files in Bridge, selecting your pre-made template, and clicking the Save button.
Make your own Contact Sheet Template
Follow these easy steps to create your contact sheet template for this class and you will have an easy time creating your contact sheets and turning them in:
- Go to the Output Module (click on the OUTPUT tab as shown below).
- In the right-hand panel, in the template selector, select “4*5 Cells” to get a base template. We will be customizing this template and saving it for your contact sheet template .
- Under “Document” in the “Page Preset” selector, select “US Paper.”
- Scroll down to “Overlays.”
- Click on the Page Number selector and select “Place on Footer” and then click “Yes.” This will put the page number at the bottom of the page.
- Under “Header,” check the box for “Add Header” and type your 3-digit number and name in the Text field.
- At the bottom, make sure the box next to “View PDF after Save” is checked.
Now save your template by clicking on the little page icon next to the Template Selector at the top. Name it with your name so you know it’s your template.
Now you are ready to make a contact sheet in 30 seconds or less!
How to make a contact sheet.
To make a contact sheet, follow these simple steps:
- First open Bridge and locate the photos you want to include and select them.
- Then switch to to the Output Module (if not already there) and select all of the photos that you want on your contact sheet from the film strip.
- Select your template from the Template Selector, and click Save button on the bottom right (be sure to save it to the appropriate folder for each assignment).