TUT – Photoshop Layers
In-Class Assignment – DUE 12/14
You will be completing a tutorial about using layers, selection tools and other Photoshop essentials for this assignment.
The Butterfly image file for this tutorial is located in the Student Commons folder under:
- Open one of the provided Butterfly Photos in Photoshop (see above).
- Complete the tutorial through the link below (also, see notes).
- AFTER COMPLETING THE TUTORIAL: Use the TEXT tool to CREATIVELY include your name and any other text in the image.
- Save it as a Photoshop file in your TUTORIALS folder (create one if you do not have one yet) and name it TUT-#-PSTButterfly-yourname.psd.
- Then also save it as a JPG (File: Save As)
- Turn in the JPG to the Trapane hand-in folder.
The tutorials link is here:
[message_box title=”IMPORTANT NOTES” color=”blue”]
- In Photoshop, when you are using the MOVE tool, make sure that the boxes next to “Auto Select: Layer” and Show Transform Controls” are checked in the tool settings bar just below the menu.
- Make it any color you chose.
- When you get to the BLUR filter, select any type of Blur you wish from the FILTERS menu.
- To use the brush on the mask, the foreground color needs to be set to black. Look at the bottom of the tools palette to set it.
- All the files used are royalty free.